The Cumberland Valley surgery Center works closely with your doctor's office to schedule surgery at a time that is most convenient for you. We encourage you to carefully review and complete all of the paperwork and /or instructions provided by your physician. Please remember that the time given to you from your doctor's office is approximated. You will be given your actual arrival time from the nursing staff during your preoperative phone call which will be completed at least 24 hrs prior to your surgery. It is very important to return any preoperative phone call attempts by the center's staff as this may affect your surgery.
Before Your Surgery
*****DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT THE NIGHT PRIOR TO YOUR SURGERY********
- This includes gum, breath mints, and chewing tobacco
- Do not take any medication the day of your surgery unless otherwise instructed by your doctor and/or the preoperative nurse.
- Remove and leave all jewelry, body piercings, contact lenses and valuable at home. We make every effort to protect your belongings during your stay however CVSC will not be responsible for lost items.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing.
- Bath or shower the morning of your surgery but do not apply lotion. You may brush your teeth but be careful not to swallow any water.